Tuesday, November 24, 2009

our "becks" is better than yours

Sunday night finally came; Jordan and I donned our Real Salt Lake gear. We had our treats: root beer floats and popcorn. We were ready to cheer our team to victory!

RSL entered the championship game with a losing record. Though they had to come from behind to win, they very much outplayed the David Beckhams and Landon Donovans of Los Angeles.

We cheered when RSL tied the game.

We cheered even more when Nick Rimando blocked a penalty kick and Robbie Russell scored the winning penalty kick.

All through my soccer playing days, I loved David Beckham. Loved his hair; loved his cleats, warm-ups and jerseys. I loved to watch him take a corner or free kick. I even loved his wife's hair cut. I still like David Beckham, but I found a new "Becks" to love: Kyle Beckerman. And with that, I say our "Becks" is better than yours.

And so is our team.